Many of us had high hopes for the new year. 2020 was incredibly difficult and January 1, 2021 felt like a chance for a reset. A new year usually does that, but this year we had even higher hopes and expectations than usual.
However, reality quickly set in. The truth is, the pandemic is worse than ever and we’re still in a highly contentious political climate. Those things aren’t going to magically disappear because we hung a new calendar on the wall. So, what can we do about it? How can we make 2021 better, despite the ongoing circumstances that made 2020 what it was?
The answer is – it’s time to focus on yourself and invest in self-care. It’s time to take care of your mind, body and soul.
Forgotten what that looks like? Here’s a starter list for the new year.
- Practice Positivity: We believe managing your intent and energy are two of the best ways to increase the positivity in your life. You can learn more about managing both here.
- Invest in Your Own Success -However you define it: Shift your focus to something that brings you joy and excitement. Whether it’s your career, your business, your health, relationships or another aspect of your personal life, it’s time to determine what you want most and take the steps to achieve it. Share On Purpose portfolio brand, Succeed On Purpose, can help you get there with the Prosperity Challenge.
- Workout: We’re all aware of the physical benefits of exercise, but moving your body has an equally positive effect on your emotions. Working out makes you feel happier and decreases stress and anxiety. If you’re unable to get to a gym, there are multiple apps that stream workout classes.
- Pamper Yourself: Pampering is generally low on the priority list, but it’s important to make time for it, especially when so much feels beyond your control. Take a warm bath, listen to your favorite music, light candles, commit to a skincare routine, ask for a foot rub, read a book, go for a walk, get dressed up – whatever will make you feel refreshed and at peace.
- Invest in Causes You Believe: Whether it’s a time or financial investment, working to further a cause you’re passionate about will feed your soul. Check on an old friend, donate or volunteer when you can and feel the positive effects of making a difference.
- Read The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer: We recommend this book frequently. This book takes you on an internal journey that will change the way you perceive and interact with the world around you, resulting in a happier and light-filled self.
Take care of yourself this year. Despite what’s going on in the world around us, make the time to focus on you and whatever brings you joy. Here’s to you!