I love the Olympics. It shines a light on an attribute that separates humankind: the champion spirit.
Think about it. These are people, who at a very young age, decide they want to be a champion. An Olympic champion.
Deciding is the easy part. Anyone can decide. You see, it’s in the day-to-day choices that real champions are made. These athletes make day-to-day choices, some would call them sacrifices, in order to be the best.
And, they fail. A lot. I’ve learned that it’s when we face life’s disappointments that the elite separate themselves from the average.
At Share On Purpose, we take passion seriously. It’s key. You have to do what you love, most days. And, you can’t stop until you find what it is that you love. We work with associates to help them determine their passion and to transition to work in our portfolio that aligns with that passion.
To build a performance culture, people need to do what they love.
But, there’s more.
Your team also must learn how to love what they do. Love the good of it, and the not so good. Love the hard parts of it, and the learning parts of it.
You have to love how it makes you feel, and most importantly, if you want to be the best in your industry, you have to love to win at it.
Great brands do one thing well – they make winning the pursuit. They make winning a passion. Rather than sweating the small stuff, and worrying about the competition, the best brands make winning a passion. They inspire their team to BE THEIR BEST, no matter what.
How do we do that at Share On Purpose? Through 5 things:
- We help each person create a vision for themselves as a leader. You must see yourself where you want to be. To us, every single person who works here is a leader in the making. Every. Single. One.
- Once we help them see themselves as a leader, we teach them how not to quit. That’s easier said than done because, as humans, we want to quit when it gets hard. So, we teach people how to get back up when they fail, how to persevere when it gets hard, and how not to quit when they feel stuck.
- The key to winning – to becoming a champion – is learning how to tap into perseverance, which is the single most important aspect of being a champion. Think about it. What makes an Olympian so successful? What makes someone great? One thing: their ability to access perseverance. Each of us has an unlimited access to perseverance. Unlimited. The problem is that we don’t know how to access it. Champions have learned how to access perseverance. At Share On Purpose, we teach people how to access perseverance.
- Along these lines we also teach our associates a mantra: Find A Way. There’s always a way to get from where you are, to where you want to be. Always. Finding a way means that you have to dig deep, learn more, try harder. Find a way. It’s the only way to be great.
- Lastly, we teach them how to shift their focus off of trying to “being good enough” and over to “being themselves” or better yet, being the BEST version of themselves. That’s true confidence.
Share On Purpose IS a place of possibilities, where GREAT people do great things. Because we refuse to quit, and we make winning a passion.
Want more. Check out our open positions.